B u r n i n g B u s h

B u r n i n g        B u s h
J.T. Roane 2011

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Questioning Queer

Queer is a great term.
I don't think it means shit to half the people who use it.
It's become another letter in the litany of strung together appellations.
It is blunted. 

Queer's utility definitely stops short of my black ass.
 I can be Queer all day, 
but I'm still goina be a nigger in SOHO, Chelsea, and the Village
, as easily as I'm a faggot in Harlem. 

Queer, as it stands, just won't do. 
We need something new. It needs a new set of teeth. 
What if we retooled it and meant questioning when we said queer?
If Blackness stresses the lines and Queerness questions the lines, what are the politics of our Black Queer nation?
It sure as hell ain't to get married (that shit has been fucked!) and fight in the military (equal opportunity to murder and pillage other poor people of color?)!

No comments:

Post a Comment